(Jan) 25. Translation of Our Lady's shroud and tomb to Constantinople, by Juvenal, Bishop of Jerusalem, in the reign of the Emperor Marcian, A.D. 455. (Ferreol, Locrius
in Chron. anacephal.)
Image (click it to enlarge): "Assumption of the Virgin" by Giaquinto (1739). Note the shroud [winding sheet] of Our Lady in the painting being venerated. Countless miracles have been wrought by this sacred relic, that touched the Immaculate Mother of God, herself.
of the Feast of the Translation of the Winding Sheet of the Blessed Virgin Mary, or Our Lady's Shroud, from her tomb in Palestine to Constantinople:
"Cedrenus and Nicephorus relate that it [the tomb of Mary] was discovered soon after Juvenal, the Bishop, was transferred from the church of Ephesus to that of Jerusalem, and Baronius confirms it. The happy tidings
of this discovery soon spread, and the Empress Pulcheria, who had founded at Constantinople the magnificent church called “in Blachernis,” besought her husband Arcadius to summon Bishop Juvenal to learn from him where the tomb of the Blessed Virgin
was, because she wished to transfer it in great pomp to that church, and thus imitate the Empress Saint Helena, who had erected a church there. Juvenal complied, and made answer to the imperial pair that the tomb of Mary had first been discovered at
Jerusalem, near Gethsemani, but that it was tenantless, her body having been carried to heaven. In fact, nothing was found but the winding-sheet in which the Blessed Virgin had been wrapped; and by order of the sovereigns, Juvenal sent it with the tomb,
and all was placed in great pomp in that church, on the day of its dedication, which was celebrated at Constantinople with extraordinary munificence and a great concourse of prelates."
"See ante Book III. eh. vii. Saint Melito, a disciple of Saint John
says: 'Three virgins who were there watching [assisting/praying at the death bed of Our Lady], took the body of our Blessed Mother Mary, and washed it in the usual mode. And when they unclothed it, that sacred body shone with such splendor, that
they could touch it in reverence, but its appearance could not be seen for the dazzling brilliancy. Nothing appeared but a great splendor. And when they had clothed it in winding-clothes, that light gradually vanished.' (In Biblioth. Pat. Tom. VII)." (Source: "The Life
of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary, by Gentilucci, Imp. 1856 A.D. )
Link: Our Lady of Guides in Constantinople
Calendar of the Feasts of the Blessed Virgin, With the Foundations and Churches Dedicated to Her", from Abbé Orsini's work, "Life of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God", Imprimatur 1858 A.D.