(Jan) 10. Our Lady of Guides, in Constantinople, where there was some of Our Lady's spindles to be seen, with some of the swaddling - clothes of the divine Infant,
given by St. Pulcheria to that church. (Niceph., Tract. 3, cap. 7.)
Image (click it to enlarge): Painting of St. Pulcheria standing on top of [crushing] wicked heretics.
The first icon of the Blessed Virgin Mary was painted by St. Luke the Evangelist which later, in the middle of the 5th century, was enshrined by the Empress St. Pulcheria in the Church of Hodegetria in Constantinople. This was the parish church of the guides (Gr. hodegosguide) who, in those days, would lead pilgrimages to the Holy Land and other holy places. Thus the Blessed Mother of Hodegetria became the patron of travelers and
they would carry her icon with them on their journeys.
Calendar of the Feasts of the Blessed Virgin, With the Foundations and Churches Dedicated to Her", from Abbé Orsini's work, "Life of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God", Imprimatur 1858 A.D.