Homilies Against The Jews
by St. John Chrysostom, Church Father & Doctor
"But today the Jews, who are more dangerous than any wolves, are bent on surrounding my sheep;
so I must spar with them and fight with them so that no sheep of mine may fall victim to those wolves."
"For the martyrs have a special hatred for the Jews since the Jews crucified him for whom they have a special
The Jews said: 'His blood be on us and on our children' the martyrs poured out their own blood for him whom the
Jews had slain. So the martyrs would be glad to hear this discourse." -St. John Chrysostom, Church Doctor
St. John St. Chrysostom
& Doctor of the Church
"The temple was already a den of thieves when the Jewish
common- wealth and way of life still prevailed. Now you give it a name more worthy than it deserves if you call it a brothel, a stronghold of sin, a lodging-place for demons, a fortress of the devil, the destruction of the soul, the precipice and pit of all
perdition, or whatever other name you give it."
- Homily I: "Tell me this. If a man were to have slain your son, would you endure to look upon him, or accept his greeting? Would you not shun him as a wicked demon, as the
- Homily II: "How do you Judaizers have the boldness, after dancing with demons, to come back to the assembly of the apostles?"
III: "If you separate yourself from the flock, your enemy will surely catch you."
- Homily IV: "...what goes on in the synagogue is godlessness."
- Homily V: "[Christ] said to Peter: "Upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." You Jews tell me how you can attack this prediction of his."
- Homily VI: "You did slay Christ, you did lift violent hands against the Master, you did spill his precious blood. This is why you have no chance for atonement, excuse, or defense."
- Homily VII: "...the temple will never rise again ...the sacrifices of the Jews and their priesthood have completely ended."
- Homily VIII: "We
must not grow weary... we must not became exhausted."
Blessed be St. Peter, Prince of the Apostles!
The Papal Restoration Staff
3P's: Pence + Penance + Prayer
In Today's Catholic World (TCWBLOG.com) carries
the approbation in writing of the Holy See in exile. It faithfully adheres to the rules for Catholic Journals mandated by Leo XIII in the Apostolic Constitution Officiorum ac Munerum, January 25, 1897 - so heavily re-stressed by
Pius X in Pascendi Dominici Gregis, September 8, 1907